JOB NUMBER: JB00074
VACANCY NUMBER: ADV01841
ORGANIZATION: MSC MALTA SEAFARERS CO. LTD (ON BOARD JOB)
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL
LINE MANAGER: SHORE EXCURSION MANAGER
In line with the department guidelines and under the supervision of the Shore Excursion Manager, the
Shore Excursion Hot / Hostess uses different selling techniques to promote excursions to our guests in
order to achieve highest revenue possible.
- Delivers high standards of service in regards to excursions’ bookings and sales, private shore activities and disembarkation arrangements;
- Provides guests with ports and tours information;
- Executes the back office administrative tasks;
- Escorts the groups and supervises local tour operators during the excursions;
- If necessary, supports local tour guides with language translations;
- Handles guests’ complaints and queries.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent English, oral and written and 3 additional European languages are required (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- High School certificate;
- At least 1 year experience in tourism industry or in customer facing roles
- Previous experience in the cruise industry is a strong advantage;
- Experience in complaints management and selling techniques;
- Computer Literacy, knowledge of Publisher and Fidelio is an advantage;
- STCW95 trainings are compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.
MSC Cruises is the world‘s largest privately-owned cruise company and the number one cruise line in Europe, South America, South Africa and the Gulf. A game-changer in the world of cruises, MSC has built a global reputation as an innovator and has one of the youngest cruise fleets.
MSC Cruises is a family-owned and family-run Company headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and It is part of the MSC Group, which encompasses world-leading maritime companies. As a family who has found its fortunes at sea for over 300 years, protecting the oceans and the communities that we visit is a top priority for us.
Having embarked on a never-ending journey of continuous improvement, MSC Cruises has integrated environmental
stewardship in all aspects of its operations. This commitment lies at the very heart of our business. We employ over 30,000 people worldwide. MSC Cruises is part of the MSC Group, which encompasses world-leading maritime companies.