ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL
LINE MANAGER: SHORE EXCURSION MANAGER
In line with the department guidelines and under the supervision of the Shore Excursion Manager, the Shore Excursion Host/ Hostess uses different selling techniques to promote excursions to our guests in order to achieve the highest revenue possible.
- Delivers high standards of service in regards to excursions’ bookings and sales, private shore activities and disembarkation arrangements;
- Provides guests with ports and tours information;
- Executes the back office administrative tasks;
- Escorts the groups and supervises local tour operators during the excursions;
- If necessary, supports local tour guides with language translations;
- Handles guests’ complaints and queries.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- • Fluent English, oral and written, and any additional knowledge of the following languages is considered beneficial: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.
- High School certificate;
- At least 1 year experience in tourism industry or in customer facing roles;
- Previous experience in the cruise industry is a strong advantage;
- Experience in complaints management and selling techniques;
- Computer Literacy, knowledge of Publisher and Fidelio is an advantage;
- STCW95 trainings are compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agency, intermediaries and other business partners.