ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL
LINE MANAGER: CRUISE DIRECTOR
In line with the Cruise Director’s program and direction, the Entertainer plans and organizes daily entertainment activities in order to create a pleasant environment onboard, making our guests’ holidays a memorable experience.
• Welcomes guests and assists them at all times during the cruise;
• Promotes entertainment activities;
• Organises and presents a varied daytime and evening international entertainment program (sport, fitness, games,
quizzes, shows, galas, etc.);
• Stages and performs entertainment shows/acts;
• Actively interacts and socializes with all guests;
• Handles complaints and queries;
• Looks after entertainment tools and equipment;
• Ensures that the content and entertainment activities are professional and non-offensive to the audience.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
• Fluent English, oral and written, and any additional knowledge of the following languages is considered beneficial: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
• High School graduation certificate;
• Professional certificates are an advantage;
• At least 2 years experience as a professional entertainer (Hotels, Camping, Cruiselines, etc.);
• Computer literacy;
• Enthusiastic and creative;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to organize and run complex and varied activities with little supervision;
• At ease with public speaking;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal
security and social responsibility);
• A recognized medical certification is required before starting to work onboard.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agencies, intermediaries, and other business partners.