ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL
LINE MANAGER: ENTERTAINMENT HEAD TECHNICIAN
Preparing the daily playlists for the clubs and pools activities, the DJ Entertainment Technician works closely with the Entertainment Head Technician to help deliver the entertainment plan of the ship.
• Selects the music to be played in the club and for on-board events and activities;
• Plays and mixes & records to create atmosphere or keep people dancing;
• Operates lighting and visual effects;
• Looks after entertainment tools and equipment;
• Provides the Head Entertainment Technician with a daily update on the inventory;
• Attends any planning or operational meetings held by the Head Entertainment Technician;
• If required attends rehearsals for musicians and entertainment personnel;
• Assists, where possible, to ensure that all performances and events commence on time;
• If required by the Head Entertainment Technician, assists with technical direction and management;
• Regularly inspects and monitors inventory of all sound, light, video, and theatrical equipment in use, reporting any technical deficiencies, loss or damage, to the Head Entertainment Technician;
• Follows and understands the company’s environmental policy, rules and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
• Proficient English (knowledge of a second European language is also desirable);
• 1 year proven technical experience (management and maintenance of audio, lighting, and electronic entertainment equipment);
• Previous experience on cruise lines is a plus;
• A keen interest in and enthusiasm for music;
• A confident and outgoing personality;
• A good sense of timing and coordination;
• Working knowledge of basic a/v equipment;
• Ability to operate, program, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment for theatrical and live entertainment venues;
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
• Problem-solving skills and ability to think and react fast in ever-changing scenarios.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agencies, intermediaries, and other business partners.