ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL
LINE MANAGER: BOUTIQUE MANAGER
The Shop Seller ensures that our exclusive retail outlets offer a unique, high standard guest experience whilst maintaining and effectively communicating the values of MSC Cruises.
•Achieves/exceeds sales goals as outlined by the company;
•Creates a unique guest experience and service process, by presenting merchandise relevant to individual guest needs, whilst utilizing upgrading techniques to maximize all opportunities;
•Informs the guests of the onboard shops about exclusives, and specials promotions and their advantages to drive sales.
•Welcomes guests, actively creating an environment of exclusivity and purpose;
•Customizes selling approach to different guest demographics;
•Meets and greets customers with energy and enthusiasm;
•Discovers guest needs with attentive communication and builds a sense of purpose from our exclusive products to gain customer’s commitment to buy;
•Presents features and benefits of our products by using unique selling points and overcoming objections when necessary;
•Makes regular use of add-selling, up-selling, cross-selling, and any other known selling techniques;
•Transacts and farewells while leaving customers with a positive impression of our stores and inviting guests to visit again for another revenue opportunity;
•Handles customer complaints professionally and with a problem-solving mindset.
Merchandising and Loss Prevention
- Accurately receives and stores merchandise deliveries;
- Prices / SKU’s and displays items for sale, monitoring levels of products in stock, and communicates requirements every week;
- Always presents a clean, neat, tidy, and attractive store according to Operations’ visual merchandising directives;
- Regularly checks that products are suitable for selling and respects the FIFO products life-cycle (for perishable selling goods);
- Maintains an awareness of merchandise loss within the shops and reports sources of potential loss to Boutique Manager;
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with guests and MSC staff;
- Completes periodic inventories and cycle counts as required.
•Follows directions and instructions given by the Boutique Manager;
•Accurately operates cash registers and complies with all tax/duty-related procedures;
•Follows and understands the company and the policies, rules, and regulations;
•Maintains a dependable work attendance record in accordance with the established company policies.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
•Excellent English oral and written. Any other language is considered as a plus;
•To be at least 18 years of age and in good health with no physical limitations;
•High School Diploma or equivalent work experience;
• 1-year minimum experience in a dynamic, unique resort or resort-style venue;
•Ability to communicate with enthusiasm, to clearly & effectively sell to guests – generating a truly unique experience;
•Ability to accomplish set revenue targets, by utilizing effective sales techniques and building guest commitment;
•Ability to quickly learn new material, techniques, and product knowledge – and communicate it with energy;
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Possess a valid passport
In the course of our recruitment and selection process, we may make your Personal Information available to third parties such as recruitment agencies, intermediaries, and other business partners.