ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL – DINING SERVICES
LINE MANAGER: BUFFET SUPERVISOR
- To provide safe, friendly and quick, and professional food service for Guests on vessels of the MSC fleet.
- To provide first-class food service at the outdoor (lido or poolside) buffet areas onboard.
- Working and assigned in temporary positions as an assistant waiter or even waiter to the restaurant service.
- To clean the buffet areas before, during, and after service, to make sure all guests are attended to and satisfied.
- Welcome Guests at each mealtime at the entrance to the buffet and farewell them when leaving.
- Act as guides and escorts to show new Guests their tables in the main restaurants on embarkation nights.
- At make sure that everything in that section is clean and prepared with enough items for service.
- Make sure that all food on the buffet is always correct temperature range and all areas around food is clean.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English, knowledge of any other major language is considered a major advantage.
- High School graduate.
- Minimum 12 months 5-star hotel or restaurant service (including Job Training).
- One completed contract in this or a similar F&B position onboard a cruise line.
- A good and demonstrated working knowledge of the operation of a fast-turnover, restaurant or cafeteria.
- You must be physically fit to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kgs.
- Good communication skills to communicate easily with all Guests of all ages and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in harmony with colleague buffet attendants from many different backgrounds.
- A good knowledge of basic Company sanitation regulations and requirements.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining);
- STCW95/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it’s compulsory before joining the vessel;
- Good Health declaration (released by a recognized doctor) it’s mandatory before joining the vessel.
[contact-form-7 id=”1077″ title=”Job Application Form” destination-email=”email@example.com”