ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL
LINE MANAGER: ASSISTANT HOUSEKEEPER
- To clean non-accommodation areas of the ship as assigned by the Housekeeper.
- Assist in cleaning and preparation of Guest cabins on embarkation days.
- Attending to special cleaning requirements and requests.
- Cleaning and disinfecting public areas.
- This position involves working either during the day or the night.
- Cleaning public bathrooms, lounges, foyers, corridors, staircases and balustrades, landings and elevators.
- Transportation of linen between the ship’s laundry and Guest cabin areas on turnaround days.
- Transport of Guest luggage between cabins and baggage collection points.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English, knowledge of any other major language is considered a major advantage.
- Documented experience in a similar position onboard a Cruise vessel or in a shoreside hotel.
- Or as Housekeeping Utility on a vessel of this or other Cruise company).an international Cruise Ship.
- Minimum of 6 months as a cleaner or chambermaid in a high-standard International Hotel.
- Proven ability to work and (often unsupervised) in a harmonious and productive team environment.
- Understanding of use and knowledge of extensive cleaning products and cleaning equipment.
- Be courteous and friendly attitude.
- Presenting a neat and tidy appearance.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining);
- STCW95/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security, and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it’s compulsory before joining the vessel;
- Good Health declaration (released by a recognized doctor) it’s mandatory before joining the vessel.