ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOUSEKEEPING
LINE MANAGER: HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER
- To provide safety surveillance to the pool assigned. (for candidates with safety certificates)
- Cleaning and sanitization of the pool areas and facilities.
- Assisting the Guests around the pool areas.
- To participate and assist in other Housekeeping areas (cleaning, luggage handling, sanitation).
- To position, clean, and re-store deck chairs and sunbeds and cleanliness to all loose furniture and fittings.
- To offer and provide service, assistance or information to guests on deck.
- To assist wherever necessary access to open deck areas for guests with disabilities (wheelchairs etc).
- Delivery of food from the buffet for disabled passengers to their deck chairs.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English, knowledge of any other major language is considered a major advantage.
- High school graduate.
- Documented experience in a similar position onboard a Cruise vessel or in a similar resort or hotel.
- Certificate of lifesaving, diving, swimming, CPR, and lifesaving first aid.
- A higher than average fitness level, occasionally and/or move up to 25 Kg
- No tattoos on any exposed part of the body when wearing a uniform.
- Specific ability to swim and dive (underwater swimming is a pre-requisite).
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining);
- STCW95/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security, and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it’s compulsory before joining the vessel;
- Good Health declaration (released by a recognized doctor) it’s mandatory before joining the vessel.