ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL – FOOD SERVICES
LINE MANAGER: 2ND BAKER
- To assist with the preparation and baking of all bread items in the ship’s Bakery, according to the requirements of the Chief Baker, always implementing all food safety and sanitation standards.
- Prepare bakery products as specified by the Executive Chef and using methods that assure food safety and high quality.
- Assist in the production of a range of alternative bakery products for guests with specific dietary requirements (fat-free, salt-free, sugar-free etc.)
- Participate in other related duties that may be assigned within the scope of competence.
- Understand and comply with Food Safety standards relating to food temperatures, sanitation, storage, labeling, cross-contamination prevention measures etc.).
- Check temperatures and condition of all material in the section, in assigned refrigerators, on hot tops, or any material permitted to be left at room temperature.
- Prepare, understand and use HACCP Flow Charts prescribed by the Food Safety Management Team.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English (working & Safety language of the Company).
- Ability to speak, read and write in any other major language.
- High school graduate.
- Proven successful experience for at least 1 completed contract in a similar position in a Cruise Ship environment.
- Or experience in major hotels operating under International Food Safety standards.
- You must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kg.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining);
- STCW95/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security, and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it’s compulsory before joining the vessel;
- Good Health declaration (released by a recognized doctor) it’s mandatory before joining the vessel.