ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL
LINE MANAGER: BARTENDER/ ASSISTANT BAR MANAGER/ BAR MANAGER
- To assist the bartender to supervise an assigned bar profitably, in full compliance with company sanitation standards, and to provide an enjoyable environment for Guests.
- Supervise the work operations of the Barboy and Waiting personnel in the assigned bar area.
- Satisfy the needs of every Guest in a professional manner by providing courteous, quick, and professional service at all times.
- Know all recipes specified in the Beverage Menus.
- Maintain all par levels (start-up stock) in the assigned bar.
- Assist the Bartender to maintain a clean, sanitized bar at all times.
- Apply all bar-related sanitation rules and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English (The Working & Safety language of the Company).
- Ability to speak, read and write in any other major European languages preferred.
- High School graduate.
- A clear and demonstrated understanding and practical knowledge of bar systems, operations, and bar beverages.
- A demonstrated knowledge of Food and beverage Safety.
- Basic knowledge of electronic Fidelio systems.
- Fit to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kg.
- Proven successful experience for at least 1 completed contract in a similar position in a Cruise Ship environment.
- Or experience in a major hotel operating under International Food Safety standards.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Current documentation to certify that all medical requirements relating to this position are met.
- Basic Safety Training Certificate.
- STCW 95 certification.
- Valid Passport.