ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL – FOOD SERVICES/ GALLEY
LINE MANAGER: 2ND COOK
- Assists with the preparation of food items according to the section assigned in compliance with required recipe and food safety standards and procedures provided by the Company.
- Working to company guidelines, follow instructions of superiors to ensure high standards of food production and presentation, including portion and quality control.
- Follow all food safety and sanitation standards in the assigned galley section in compliance with Sanitation Standards and HACCP protocols.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English (The Working & Safety language of the Company).
- Ability to speak, read and write in any other major European languages preferred.
- Proven successful experience for at least 1 year in a similar position at sea or in a 5-star hotel operating under Sanitation Standards.
- Successful performance as an assistant cook in another associated section.
- Sound knowledge of Sanitation Standards protocols relating to food safety and HACCP controls.
- Certified medically and physically fit and acceptable to work in a food preparation area.
- Fit to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kgs.
- Other related duties that may be assigned within the scope of competence.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Current documentation to certify that all medical requirements relating to this position are met.
- Basic Safety Training Certificate.
- STCW 95 certification.
- Valid Passport.