ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: FOOD SERVICES/ GALLEY
LINE MANAGER: 2ND PASTRY / 1ST PASTRY / CHIEF PASTRY
- To assist the Chief Pastry and Pastry team to prepare pastries, cakes, and other related items.
- Working to company guidelines, the incumbent is to follow instructions of his superiors to ensure high standards of food production and presentation, including portion and quality control.
- To follow all food safety and sanitation standards in the assigned section in compliance with MSC Sanitation standards.
- Specialised knowledge in baking techniques in chocolate pastries and confectionaries.
- In-depth knowledge about baking processes and different types of chocolate ingredients.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English (The Working & Safety language of the Company).
- Ability to speak, read and write in any other major European languages preferred.
- Proven successful experience for at least 1 completed contract in a similar position on a Cruise Ship or in a major hotel operating under global Food Safety standards.
- High school graduate.
- Sound knowledge of MSC Sanitation Standards protocols relating to food safety and HACCP controls.
- Certified medically and physically fit and acceptable to work in a food preparation area.
- Physically fit to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kg.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Current documentation to certify that all medical requirements relating to this position are met.
- Basic Safety Training Certificate.
- STCW 95 certification.
- Valid Passport.