ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL DINING SERVICES
LINE MANAGER: MAITRE D HOTEL
- To assist the Waiter to provide professional, high-quality Dining Service to Guests in all food outlets (Restaurant and Buffet).
- To assist the Waiter in providing outstanding dining service to Guests.
- Providing service to any Food outlets on board (restaurant, buffet, barbecue, or other specified venues).
- Offering intimate, personal services to guests knowing and remembering all fundamentals of the dining areas.
- To assist the waiter service to ensure Guests are served promptly.
- To ensure Guests are always served promptly, in a friendly manner and with the correct food.
- To serve courses in correct sequence, Open Sittings and Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinner.
- Cleanliness and sanitation of station and section areas.
QUALIFICATIONS ((skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English, knowledge of any other major language is considered a major advantage.
- High School or college graduate (Certified).
- Minimum of two years experience in Restaurant service on a cruise vessel or hotel establishment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operation of a high volume, high-class restaurant
- Extensive knowledge in wine, beverage, and food services.
- Clear understanding and use of Company sanitation requirements.
- Physically fit to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kg.
- Not permitted to display any tattoos on any exposed part of your body when wearing a uniform.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS (if any)
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining);
- STCW95/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security, and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it’s compulsory before joining the vessel;
- Good Health declaration (released by a recognized doctor) it’s mandatory before joining the vessel.