ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: F&B Department – BAR
LINE MANAGER: Asst Bar Tender / Bar Tender / Head Bar Tender / Assistant Bar Manager / Bar Manager
- To clean and sanitize all front and back bar areas and assist as required by the Bar Manager with transport of bar items between storerooms and bars. Follow and apply food safety procedures. Demonstrated understanding and practical knowledge of international drinks, appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Bar Utilities are required to maintain a clean and sanitized environment in all bar areas.
- MSC Food safety & Sanitation standards are applied in all these areas, as they include Food contact surfaces and food and beverage preparation areas.
- Bar & Lounge cleaners are in a good position for promotion through the bar department, as this position exposes the incumbent to most aspects of bar work.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English (The Working & Safety language of the Company).
- Ability to speak, read and write in any other major European languages preferred.
- High School graduate.
- A minimum of 6 months as a utility bar cleaner on board a cruise vessel, or 6 months in a similar position in an international Hotel.
- Certified in Food Safety/HACCP.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical knowledge of Food Safety.
- Understanding of the use and storage of cleaning chemicals.
- Food safety Proficiency certificate issued by recognized Authority.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Current documentation to certify that all medical requirements relating to this position are met.
- Basic Safety Training Certificate.
- STCW 95 certification.
- C1D or Schengen Visa preferred.
- Valid Passport