ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL – ENTERTAINMENT
LINE MANAGER: MINI CLUB CHIEF ENTERTAINER
- To perform individually and as part of the Entertainment team to entertain and to socialize with Guests, specifically children and teenagers throughout the cruise
- To develop and bring to life the entertainment program dedicated to the Mini Club.
- To socialize at all times without any specific program.
- To make proposals for new activities.
- To work in collaboration with the Entertainment team under the supervision of the Child activity coordinator.
- To collaborate with the Cruise Director’s department to create specific children’s activities during the Cruise.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English (The Working & Safety language of the Company).
- Ability to speak, read and write in any other major European languages preferred.
- Proven skilled and high level of experience in children’s entertainment activities and games.
- Demonstrated ability to entertain, communicate and socialize with children of all nationalities.
- Wide knowledge of indoor & outdoor sports, events, and games with specific application to children.
- Good geographic knowledge of the Cruise Area operated by the ship for which position applies.
- Physically fit to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kg.
- Support the Mini Club Chief Animator in all entertainment activities and games.
- Socialize with Guests at all times, giving special attention to the very young, the very old, any disadvantaged persons, Guests traveling alone, or Guests of minority languages where involvement may be difficult.
- Provide general assistance as required by the Cruise Director at all performances.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Current documentation to certify that all medical requirements relating to this position are met.
- Basic Safety Training Certificates.
- STCW 95 certification.
- C1D or Schengen Visa preferred.
- 2 verifiable reference letters of previous employment in childcare.
- Valid Passport.