ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: FOOD & BEVERAGE DEPARTMENT – GALLEY
LINE MANAGER: KITCHEN STEWARD
- To perform and maintain cleanliness and sanitation of the Galleys, pantries and equipment in the Food and Beverage Department.
- To keep the floors clean and dry at all times, cleaning of all areas in keeping with company and Public Health Standards.
- Prepare, understand and use HACCP Flow Charts prescribed by the Food Safety Management Team while cleaning.
- Inspect and ensure all personnel in the Galley follow the Company’s personal hygiene requirements.
- Physically fit to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Kgs.
- To maintain the galley areas and equipment clean and ready for operation.
- To ensure garbage separation standards are being followed.
- Understanding of the use and storage of cleaning chemicals.
- Ensure PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) safety measures are taken during the cleaning of hotplates, grills, rational ovens, and other galley equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English (The Working & Safety language of the Company).
- Ability to speak, read and write in any other major European languages preferred.
- Proven successful experience for at least 1 completed contract in a similar position on a Cruise Ship environment or in a shore side hotel 4 /5 star, operating under International Food Safety standards.
- High School graduate.
- Sound knowledge of Sanitation Standards protocols relating to food safety and HACCP controls.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Valid passport (at least with 6 months validity before joining);
- STCW95/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it’s compulsory before joining the vessel;
- Good Health declaration (released by a recognized doctor) it’s mandatory before joining the vessel.