ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: DECK
LINE MANAGER: BOSUN/STAFF CAPTAIN
The Able Seaman / Quarter Master on board will stand watch as helmsman and lookout, maintain a steady course, execute all rudder orders and communicate using navigational terms relating to heading and steering.
- Handles the maintenance, cleanliness and manoeuvring of the ship;
- Secures navigational watch in order to prevent any possible hazard to the ship;
- Controls at the gangway with the Officer on duty;
- Performs the manoeuvring and the maintenance for the safety of the ship, the passengers and the crew;
- Minimises the wastage of materials while respecting all rules relating to injury, safety and pollution prevention;
- Is capable to drive the Tender/ Lifeboat when the ship is at anchor.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- MUST BE over 18 years of age;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken);
- At least 2 years of experience in deck department and minimum 1 year of experience as QuarterMaster/helmsman;
- Minimum knowledge of PC;
- Sufficient knowledge in Fire Fighting techniques and injury prevention;
- Sufficient knowledge in maintenance, technique and seamanship;Good knowledge of COLREG Regulation.
- School-leaving certificate;
- Security Duties;
- Crowd Management & Crisis Management and Human Behaviour;
- STCW95 “Basic Training” (Advanced Fire Fighting, Personal Survival Techniques, Elementary First Aid, PSSR), “
- Watchkeeping Certificate IMO C.O.C. Reg.II/4 or II/5 and “Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat” are compulsory;
- A recognised seafarer’s medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS (if any)
- Seaman’s Book
- MMRV and COVID VACCINE Certifications