ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: ENGINE
LINE MANAGER: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Perform all assigned duties for the Watch-keeping and for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Engine Room. To assist ship engineers with lubricating bearings and other moving parts of engines and other mechanical equipment aboard the ship. The Oiler participates in the general maintenance of the ship’s main power plant auxiliary engines and generators in order to ensure that oil temperature is within the standard limits and oil gauges are all working properly.
- Follow the instructions of the Engine Officer Chief Watch concerning methods and procedures for the watchkeeping, maintenance, and cleanliness of the engine spaces.
- When necessary, help the Engine Officers or the Foreman in the maintenance and cleaning of the machinery spaces and machinery.
- Always works in accordance with acceptable standards, avoiding wastage of materials, and always respecting all injury prevention rules.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Successful experience with minimum of two years in a similar position within MSC or another Cruise company
- Intermediate oral and written English (working & Safety language of the Company)
- Secondary School Graduate with appropriate licenses as required by the company
- Basic know-how in International sanitation requirements and protocols
- Satisfy the requirements of the laws of the Flag State of the Ship regarding health and physical requirements.
- He/She must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills.
- Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Satisfy the requirements of STCW 95 regarding certification for this position
- Basic Safety Training Certificate including Advanced Fire-fighting
- Crowd Management & Crisis Management and Human Behaviour
- Security Duties
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- Certificate of Competency IMO III/4 or III/5
- A recognised seafarer’s medical certification is required before starting work onboard
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Seaman’s Book
- MMRV and COVID VACCINE Certifications