ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Restaurant
LINE MANAGER: Maître d`Hotel
In line with Explora Journeys policies and procedures and under the supervision of the Maître D’Hôtel, the Assistant Maître D’Hôtel supervises all dining service team members in order to provide excellent service to guests.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Assists the Maître D’Hôtel, ensuring compliance with quality and sanitation standards and procedures in all restaurants, crew mess rooms, and room service.
- Inspects that all restaurant service stations are clean and the mise en place is correct before and after every service;
- Controls the daily work of the dining service crew in the assigned restaurant.
- Motivates the dining service staff to improve food & beverage revenues.
- Handles and resolves guest complaints regarding dining quality and services.
- Supports the Maître D’Hôtel in their cost control responsibility through close monitoring of the inventory.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French).
- Education within the hotel/catering industry or equivalent experience in 4/5 star restaurants, hotels, or resorts.
- Computer literacy.
- Good management and organization skills.
- Sales orientated.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for hospitality and customer service driven.
- Cruise industry experience is an advantage.
- A recognized medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.