ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Restaurant
LINE MANAGER: Maître d`Hotel
While establishing a friendly relationship with guests, the Waiter provides excellent and professional dining service to guests, presenting the menus and suggesting particular courses and drinks.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Supervises their assigned station at any restaurant, including the buffet area;
- Greets, presents menus, and takes orders from guests;
- Presents the wine and beverage list and helps guests make their selection;
- Serves the various courses and beverages, ensuring correct presentation;
- Ensures that the assigned station is clean and supervises the correct mise en place before and after every service;
- Reports immediately any problems and guests’ complaints to their direct supervisor;
- Supervises the Assistant Waiter assigned to their station, ensuring they are performing their job correctly, and providing help, encouragement, and coaching.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, and French);
- High School Certificate is an advantage;
- Experience in 4/5 stars restaurant, hotels, or resorts is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn;
- Passion for hospitality and customer service driven;
- Cruise industry experience is an advantage;
- A recognized medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.