ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Bar
LINE MANAGER: Bartender
To clean and sanitize all front and back bar areas and assist as required by the Bar Manager with the transport of bar items between storerooms and bars. Follow and apply food safety procedures.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Read and apply the Food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Read and apply the procedures for Allergens.
- Attend all training sessions as required by the Bar Manager or Company procedures.
- Attend to all cleaning duties in all bar areas specified by the Bar Manager or Assistant.
- Attend daily meetings each day as specified by the Bar Manager.
- If required by the Bar Manager, Shampoo carpets in designated areas, always placing signs to indicate ‘wet carpet’ or ‘use another side’ as required.
- Empty and clean all ashtrays in designated lounges.
- Use specified institutional cleaning chemicals as per Standard Procedures, and store these chemicals safely, labeled, and securely.
- Transport beverage items from the Storerooms to the Bars each day or each morning and evening as required by the Bar Manager.
- If in the opinion of the Bar Manager qualifications and abilities are adequate, to act as an Assistant Bar Tender in times of need.
- A minimum of 6 months as a utility cleaner onboard a cruise vessel, or 6 months in a similar position in an international Hotel.
- Fluent in oral and written English (working & Safety language of the Company)
- The ability to speak, read and write in any major other languages (Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, etc.) is considered a major advantage that could eventually influence the selection for some positions.
- Certified in Food Safety/HACCP 2. High School graduate
- A working understanding and practical knowledge of bar systems, operations, and bar beverages.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical knowledge of Food Safety as defined in Company manuals.
- Friendly, honest, and clear communications with colleagues.
- Understanding of the use and storage of cleaning chemicals used by the Company
- Able to work efficiently in an environment that may be unsupervised and frequently at night.
- Proven ability to manage areas in compliance with HACCP, ISO 22000, SHIPSAN, VSP, Anvisa, etc.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.