ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Guest Services
LINE MANAGER: Guest Services Manager
The Desktop Publisher is responsible for collecting information about the various departments’ activities and publishing all the printed material to be distributed on board for both Guests and crew. He or she is in charge of drafting texts taking care of grammar, syntax, and graphics.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Operates computer equipment, software, and printers to perform necessary Microsoft Office functions in accordance with technical manuals and established procedures.
- Utilizes spreadsheet software packages for basic mathematical formulas and graphic presentation of information.
- Gathers information from various departments to update and prepare the vessel’s daily newsletter. Proofreads all materials for grammar appropriateness.
- Works closely with the Cruise Director and OMM to ensure the quality and consistency of the newsletter.
- Prepares layouts for printed materials as instructed by Hotel Operations – shoreside office.
- Responsible for indirect cost containment through the proper use of computer equipment to produce documents including the vessel’s daily news.
- Secondary School in Languages, Hotel Management, Tourism, and Informatics.
- Familiarity with page layout computer software MS Office, Quark Express.
- English Fluent.
- Good knowledge of two languages in French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.