ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Hospital
LINE MANAGER: Doctor
In accordance with the department policies and under the supervision of the Doctor, the Nurse has exceptional skills and knowledge and has a passion for providing high quality and level of nursing care and service for guests and crewmembers at the medical facility on board.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Ensure safe and high-quality patient care that is in line with Explora Journey’s values and policies.
- Ability to work part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the best care for patients.
- Maintain a positive workplace culture.
- Be supportive and promote ongoing learning and education for all staff in the unit.
- Actively participate in quality improvement projects for the source.
- Maintains the Medical Centre in a permanent state of sanitary cleanliness.
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications/medical supplies/ equipment.
- Performs water analysis and testing, following the standard procedure.
- Performs quick tests and examinations if required and in accordance with Doctor’s instructions.
- Operates shoreside first-aid service in ports where guests and/or crew may not have access to regular emergency services.
- At least 1-year performing & clinical interventions with PALS and ATLS
- Holds a current Practicing Registration.
- 2 years’ of experience in a similar role at sea is an advantage.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Life Support, or equivalent certification.
- Solid experience in advanced care medical equipment e.g.: defibrillators, ventilators, patient monitors, sterilizers, etc.
- Ability to perform electrocardiograms with basic interpretation.
- Fully competent and able to perform procedures such as administering drugs, phlebotomy, venipuncture, wound treatment, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of all Sanitation Standards relating to medical requirements.
- Sound knowledge of responsibilities in relation to food, water, and air safety.
- Strong team player.
- Provide a high standard of professionalism and customer service.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- A recognized medical certification is required before starting to work onboard.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.