ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Housekeeping
LINE MANAGER: Housekeeping Manager
The Public Area Attendant’s primary responsibility is to ensure the overall cleanliness of all assigned Crew and Officer’s cabins, Crew and Guest public areas is performed and maintained according to standards implemented by the company. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Attend daily briefings conducted by the Assistant Housekeeper / Housekeeper and regularly communicate with the Assistant Housekeeper regarding Housekeeping challenges, projects and matters.
- Follow up on the cleaning schedules put in place by the Housekeeping management.
- Carry out any additional duties as instructed by the Assistant Housekeeper/ Housekeeper.
- Responsible for garbage disposal before the shift ends and ensures that all garbage is separated in accordance with Public Health regulations in the Recycling Center.
- Complete the relevant logs for the lint and garbage separation area.
- Report any maintenance issues to the Assistant housekeeper/ Housekeeper.
- Follow the Timetable as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Assist with embarkation/debarkation duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Maintain clean and sanitize all assigned areas.
- Shampoo carpets/upholstery when necessary, following the cleaning rotation for this task.
- Maintain a strong sense of urgency at all times while on duty and offer assistance to other team members if and when needed.
- Assist in achieving the budget by minimizing waste and breakage, and maintaining proper handling procedures.
- Ensure that all working hours are recorded accurately and truthfully on his timesheet for each time period worked.
- A High School diploma or similar is preferred.
- One year in the same position or similar.
- Cruise ship experience preferred.
- For safety and others on board, certain physical abilities will be maintained.
- Must be able to climb, bend, perform the repetitive motion, and eventually heavy lifting.
- Must maintain physical fitness to perform tasks associated with the performed role.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.