ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Bar
LINE MANAGER: Cellar Master
In line with corporate offices guidelines and under the supervision of the Cellar Master, the Sommelier oversees the inventory of all wine lists and trains of all dining service and bar colleagues in order to meet revenue targets assigned.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Provides outstanding wine service in all restaurants, and assists in the creation of wine menus.
- Pair wines with food: recommends wines that will complement the different styles of cuisine and different methods of food preparation.
- Increases wine sales by demonstrating personal attention, applying appropriate selling techniques, and focusing on customer needs.
- Provides wine knowledge training to dining service and bar colleagues on a regular basis.
- Oversees the inventory of wine and produces reports.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, and French).
- High School certificate.
- Sommelier certificate.
- At least 1-year of experience as a Sommelier in a 4/5 star restaurant, hotel, or resort.
- Excellent knowledge of fine wines and premium beverages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for hospitality and customer service driven.
- Computer literacy.
- Cruise industry experience is an advantage.
- A recognized medical certification is required before starting to
work on board.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.