ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Galley
LINE MANAGER: Assistant CDP Pastry
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Pastry is the preparation of Pastry items that require basic professional skills.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Assist the Pastry Chef to produce pastries on time and in line with Company standards and recipes.
- Prepare all required Pastry recipes as instructed, following the Menus, Recipes, Guidelines & Methods provided.
- Complete basic tasks such as creams, ice cream, and preparation of basic doughs.
- Possess knowledge and ability to use general techniques such as the use of a piping bag.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with USPH and Company Regulations.
- Able to work in any section of the Pastry Department and demonstrate methods and recipes to subordinates.
- Produce and maintain the expected level of food quality in the assigned area and according to instructions from the Pastry Chef.
- Maintain quality and consistency in taste, presentation, and appearance, according to recipes and pictures.
- Communicate relevant provision issues to Chef De Partie on a daily basis.
- Possess a good knowledge of Pastry and an understanding of culinary terms.
- Possess knowledge of the United States Public Health rules and regulations, and ensure that they are followed on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the pastry/adjacent areas are ready for an announced or unannounced inspection, performed by Ship Management or local authorities.
- Control and maintain all Pastry equipment distributed to staff, ensuring that it is cleaned and/or sanitized and returned in an acceptable condition after each use.
- Responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling, and maintenance of records, reports, supplies, and equipment within his assigned section.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
- Attend early stand-by for any inspection.
- Good Pastry Skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field, in a luxury hospitality establishment or upscale cruise line.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Communicate effectively with the senior management.
- Experienced in coaching subordinates.
- Must be cost and quality conscious.
- Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
- High School education or international equivalent.
- Pastry School degree.
- Food Hygiene Certification.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.