ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Galley
LINE MANAGER: Junior Sous Chef
The primary responsibility of the Chef De Partie is to lead a section assigned by Galley Management and oversee the entire production with minimum supervision.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Take full ownership as an independently motivated professional.
- Accept assignment in any area of the Galley, either hot or cold section.
- Possess excellent food knowledge and a full understanding of culinary terms.
- Read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
- Maintain the quality and consistency in taste according to instructions provided by the corporate office.
- Able to work in any section of a kitchen.
- Coordinate and supervise all personnel assigned to the section.
- Review recipes on a daily basis.
- Provide food samples, random food tastings, and show plates when requested by a direct supervisor.
- Control production levels.
- Prepare daily electronic food requisitions needed for section production.
- Countercheck deliveries for accuracy.
- Possess the ability to oversee any main section (Sauce, Entremetier, Fish, Roast, Outlet CDP, Tournant, and Cold Kitchen) and its entire food production.
- Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
- Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed accordingly.
- Ensure that the assigned area of responsibility is ready for the announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
- Responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling, and maintenance of records, reports, supplies, and equipment within the assigned section.
- Conduct workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly cleaned and stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
- Possess familiarity with the galley layout in terms of safety and security.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
- Mentor, develop, and provide on-the-job training to assigned staff to strengthen current performance and to prepare for future advancement.
- Attend any early stand-by in the galley for USPH purposes.
- Assist the Procurement team with storing operations and quality control.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 8 years experience in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship, or convention banqueting service.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Chef De Partie role.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Communicate effectively with the senior management.
- Possess the ability to lead and make decisions.
- Good administrative skills.
- Experienced in coaching subordinates.
- Must be cost and quality conscious.
- Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs including but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Culinary School degree.
- Food Hygiene Certification.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.