ORGANIZATION: Explora Journeys
BUSINESS AREA: Galley
LINE MANAGER: CDC Outlet
The primary responsibility of the Sushi Master is to maintain an efficient operation in the assigned production area, by constantly analyzing the quality and cost of the Sushi production.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Maintain set budget and monitor time management.
- Provide ongoing training and ensure that the standards set by the Corporate Offices are followed.
- Ensure safe, quality food products and complete guest satisfaction.
- Work within organizational requirements, being systematic and factual when dealing with colleagues.
- Ensure full adherence within an assigned area, to menus, recipes, methods, and operational specifics provided by the company.
- Conduct food tastings on a daily basis.
- Fully responsible for the creativity of destination dishes when applicable.
- Monitor and assist Section Heads to prepare the daily electronic food requisitions according to the forecasted figures.
- Conduct the Dinner Service Line in the assigned location.
- Ensure smooth and efficient service, presentation, and final plating.
- Conducts menu explanation to the Dining Staff before the start of the Lunch & Dinner.
- Collect and enter all Meal Count Figures for assigned location into the Meal Count.
- Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
- Report any malfunctions and necessary repairs that affect the daily operation in the galley, and that violate Public Health & SMS requirements to the Technical department.
- Conduct spot-checks and unannounced USPH-type inspections as necessary.
- Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed accordingly.
- Ensure that the assigned area of responsibility is ready for the announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
- Be present during all inspections.
- Ensure and reinforce the daily Recipe review program. Recipe reviews must be submitted to the culinary department for review and approval.
- Ensure rest hours are followed according to MLC 2006.
- Monitor the training and familiarization of new food crewmembers with their new job and living environment.
- Develop a program to train personnel in the appropriate area of responsibility according to standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for controlling food and general expenses related to the production in the assigned area, set by the Corporate Office Guidelines and Budget.
- Ensure economical work practices are in place to minimize and avoid waste.
- Maintain excellent awareness of cost control within his team.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
- Participate in the Cooking Demonstration when required.
- Supervise activities such as afternoon tea, pool parties, cocktail parties, Main galley/Terrace Café lunch service, and evening duties.
- Attend any early stand-by in the galley for USPH purposes.
- Assist the Procurement team with storing operations and quality control.
- Monitor and supervise the Sushi Station.
- Advanced knowledge of Asian/Fusion Cuisine, overall culinary knowledge, and leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in the profession (Quality Hotels and Restaurants).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a management role in a luxury hospitality establishment or upscale cruise line.
- Fluent in written and spoken English,
- Communicate effectively with the senior management.
- Possess the ability to lead and make decisions.
- Good administrative skills.
- Experienced in coaching subordinates.
- Must be cost and quality conscious.
- Adhere to specific scheduled work hours, yet be flexible if circumstances require it.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs including but not limited to, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Familiarly with the concept of relational database-driven inventory control systems.
- High School education or international equivalent.
- 3-year apprenticeship for professional chefs or a degree in Culinary Arts.
- USPH or HACCP certification.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a valid passport and seaman book.