ORGANIZATION: MSC CRUISES
BUSINESS AREA: HOTEL
LINE MANAGER: HEAD BUTLER
- Special, personalized VIP service for MSC Yacht Club guests.
- Assisting guests with a variety of unique services in dining, housekeeping, and guest services.
- Creating a professional personalized service that guests will know personally and come into contact with more often than any other person on board.
- Responsible for assisting guests become familiar with facilities onboard.
- Handles guests’ inquiries and complaints and ensures that they are resolved quickly and courteously.
- Responsible for providing all information that guests require and ensuring total guest satisfaction.
- Embarkation duties at the terminal check-in to welcome the guests to escort them to their cabin.
- Assisting Butlers and Junior Butlers with guest operations.
QUALIFICATIONS (skills, competencies, experience)
- Fluent in oral and written English, knowledge of any other major language is considered a major advantage.
- A diploma or certificate of graduation from an internationally certified Hotel or Restaurant school.
- Demonstrated understanding of Restaurant Management, Dining reservations systems.
- Clear knowledge of all sanitation requirements relating to food safety.
- Minimum of three years in Butler, Valet, or Supervising Waiter position – preferable on Cruise Ships.
- Refined manners and etiquette.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and grooming and pride in her/his work.
- Good knowledge of wines, spirits, and food.
VISA & OTHER REQUIREMENTS (if any)
- Valid passport (at least 6 months validity before joining);
- STCW95/2010 certification (basic firefighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security, and social responsibility, security awareness, passenger ship familiarization) it’s compulsory before joining the vessel;
- Good Health declaration (released by a recognized doctor) it’s mandatory before joining the vessel.