Apply today with Shosholoza Ocean Academy to join the Explora Journeys seafaring family.
We are searching for the Perfect Hosts!
Explora Journeys brings a new perspective to the travel industry, reinventing the classic cruise experience for the next generation of luxury travelers. A journey on board their ships will be an ocean escape like no other, allowing guests to relax, make memories, and cherish the time at sea with their loved ones, after all, time is the ultimate luxury.
Customer centricity is at the core of everything Explora Journeys do. Working on board these vessels, crew members will be part of a culture of refined, authentic, warm and intuitive service, delivered by a passionate and culturally intelligent team, always inspired by the art of hosting.
If your personality is vibrant, passionate, refined, warm, outgoing, respectful, and intuitive and you are motivated by a strong family focus, curiosity about people and destinations, yourself and other’s professional development, the ambition to join a lifetime journey and the genuine desire to create moments of joy for guests, Explora Journeys might be the place for you.
For your application to be successful, in addition to the requirements above and the specific technical experience of all role descriptions, only applicants with excellent English proficiency and proven experience in the luxury segments of the cruise or hospitality industries can be considered.
How It Works
- Click on the job position you would like to apply for.
- Review the job description and ensure you meet the requirements as outlined.
- All applications are reviewed by our recruitment team who will contact applicants for a remote interview should your CV and minimum requirements be a match for the position.
- We’re conducting all interviews online. Please ensure that you have a stable internet connection to facilitate the interview via Microsoft Teams or Skype.
- Should your interview be successful, the local Shosholoza Ocean Academy administration team will contact you and explain the next steps to starting your new life on board.
- NOTE: Please be aware that in order to join a vessel as a seafarer, International Maritime Law requires you to obtain certain STCW 2010 certifications and Seafarer Medicals which can cost you up to fifteen thousand rand. We will assist and guide you through these processes after a successful interview is completed.
Due to the technical nature of various operating systems and web browsers on mobile devices, the application form and CV uploading feature is only available on desktop or laptop use.
In order to ensure your application is received on our systems correctly, do not use mobile devices for applications and CV uploads.
Due to very large numbers of applications received we are unable to individually respond to all applicants regarding the result of your application. If you do not hear from us within 6 weeks of your application date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Unsuccessful applicants will also not be able to re-apply for positions for 12 months after an unsuccessful application.