Apply today with Shosholoza Ocean Academy to join the MSC seafaring family.
Minimum experience and requirements for all available positions vary and can be reviewed by clicking “Apply Now” below and reading through the role descriptions, accessible by clicking on the available positions.
How it works
- Click “Apply Now” below to access the MSC Cruises Careers Platform
- View current available positions, create your profile and complete the application by uploading your CV
- All applications are reviewed by our global talent acquisition team who will contact applicants for a remote interview should your CV and minimum requirements be a match for the position.
- Should your interview be successful, the local Shosholoza Ocean Academy administration team will contact you and explain the next steps to starting your new life on board.
- In order to join a vessel as a seafarer, International Maritime Law states that no fees or other charges for seafarer recruitment or placement or for providing employment to seafarers are borne directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the seafarer, other than the requirement for you to obtain certain STCW 2010 safety certificates and Seafarer Medical certificates, covering the costs of which is your personal responsibility. Depending on the providers used, this could amount to approximately R12 000. Please ensure you plan for this.