Start your journey to a possible onboard career with MSC Cruises by completing your hospitality training with Shosholoza Ocean Academy.
All candidates must adhere to the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for our training programmes
● Minimum Grade 10
● Fluent in English
How it works
- Once received, our team will review your application and notify you should your application be successful.
- Successful candidates will participate in a three-month training course in hospitality, specialising in either dining, bar or housekeeping services (CATHSSETA Certified – https://cathsseta.org.za).
- The tuition fees for successful candidates will be sponsored by SOA subject to candidates maintaining excellent grades in all subjects.
- All students will finish the course with the skills required to obtain an entry level position at a local hospitality establishment
- High performing students could enter into a three-month internship at a hospitality establishment.
- Top of the class students could qualify for placement onboard an MSC cruise ship, either locally or abroad.
- All candidates who complete their first contract at sea will be enlisted in the MSC worldwide database, giving them further career opportunities.