Apply today with Shosholoza Ocean Academy to join the MSC seafaring family.
Shosholoza Ocean Academy is the exclusive Recruitment, Manning and Training Agency for South African citizens working on the MSC Cruises fleet globally. No other agencies act on the behalf of MSC Cruises.
In addition, Maritime Labour Convention Recruitment and Placement standards require that no fees or other charges for seafarer recruitment, placement or for providing employment to seafarers are borne directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by applicants.
MSC operates with integrity, ethics and quality and will NEVER charge a fee for providing applicants with any recruitment or training services.
As part of our commitment to ethical business practices, MSC does not tolerate any form of fraudulent activity. Should you receive or see offers where you have to make up front payments, please do not engage and report them at email@example.com
How it works
- Click on the job position you would like to apply for.
- Review the job description and ensure you meet the requirements as outlined.
- All applications are reviewed by our global talent acquisition team who will contact applicants for a remote interview should your CV and minimum requirements be a match for the position.
- Due to Covid we’re conducting all interviews online. Please ensure that you have a stable internet connection to facilitate the interview via Skype or Zoom.
- Should your interview be successful, the local Shosholoza Ocean Academy administration team will contact you and explain the next steps to starting your new life on board.
- NOTE: Please be aware that in order to join a vessel as a seafarer, International Maritime Law requires you to obtain certain STCW 2010 certifications and Seafarer Medicals which can cost you up to fifteen thousand rand. We will assist and guide you through these processes after a successful interview is completed.
Due to very large numbers of applications received we are unable to individually respond to all applicants regarding the result of your application. If you do not hear from us within 6 weeks of your application date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applicants will also not be able to re-apply for positions for 12 months after an unsuccessful application.
Available Categories and Job positions